Thursday, February 10, 2011

Homemade Crockpot Granola

I'm about to make this.

Alone. Because the kids would rather watch t.v.

you'll need:
5 c oatmeal
3/4 c honey
3/4 c melted butter
1/2 c chopped almonds
1 c dried fruit (I used tropical)
1/2 c wheat germ
1/2 c flax seed

how you'll make it:
~put everything in the crockpot
~stir it up
~turn crockpot on high, cover and vent lid with something small and wooden, like a chopstick or a kebob skewer. A popcicle stick would work well too.
~stir every 20 - 30 minutes or it will burn (it might start to burn even if you don't stir it every 20 - 30 mins, just check on it frequently)
~cook for about 4 hours, or until you are tired of stirring it
~dump it all onto a parchment lined baking sheet (one with a lip of some sort)

~let it cool
~store in an airtight container

the verdict:
this is delicious. I can't wait to make some more yogurt so I can eat them together. When the rest of my family tries it, I'll let you know what they say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment